I managed digital engagement on social media and online communities at the BHF within the BHF Multimedia team, a fully integrated digital and communications team. Working on the award winning Vinnie Jones Hard and Fast campaign the culmination of years of hard work embedding social across the organisation. I was also asked to speak at Le Web after the success of the campaign, which you can find here: http://bit.ly/NqdeOW
As well our social media and community strategy I also delivered the first BHF branded online community including Single Sign On technology within 9 months of starting my role.
I managed the BHF community, our social media and community strategy as well as line managing members of staff within the digital engagement team
I work closely with other teams at the organisation to make sure we deliver the best service to our members and fans across all our social channels.
My key responsibilities
- Developed and embed social media strategy
- Managed online community and the product roadmap
- Managed stakeholders in fundraising, news, policy and medical teams
- Trained staff on social media best practice
- Line managed a team of digital engagement specialists
- Organised and delivered blogger outreach
- Consult campaigns to deliver a social user experience
- Moderate social spaces
- Monitored and evaluate social media communications and campaigns using Radian6
- Managed and sourced agencies to build/assist on social campaigns
I am also an account manager for 3 internal clients and make sure that their needs are met by our wider Multimedia team.
The BHF Multimedia team is a CIPR Excellence award winner for best in house team. In December 2011 the BHF were voted number 1 UK charity for social media by Third Sector magazine. In April 2012 the BHF became the first UK charity and only 2nd UK organisation to be listed on Twitter's best practice business site, http://business.twitter.com